Friday 21 July 2017

The Three Musketeers - The Nun

In my quest to find suitable figures, both in size and period feel to use as 17th century civilians, I turned my hand at another Lemax figure conversion, this time of their mother superior figure.

I may be short, but I'm still feeling superior...
This one had the right look and bulk, but was quite short. So I decided to snip off the sides of the base and extend her robes over the edge. Then it would be a simple matter of making a new base to add some height. Which brought us to this:

I did not see that coming
Once painting began, I noticed the casting on the figure was really rough (and my greenstuff work wasn't as smooth as it looked before priming), so in the end I'm not too happy with the result as it's a bit rougher than I'd like. Still, it's serviceable until I decide to try again with another copy of the figure and do a bit more prep time (a good sanding of the robes might have been a good idea).

I went with brownish robes. Both brown and black would work for the period, but I wanted to distance her from the original paint scheme, so she'd look like a proper figure in her own right. Here she is posing with the handsome Aramis:

"Oh my, that looks awfully sharp, my son."

Front, back and sides

"What does a cardinal need to carry a sword for anyway?"


No comments:

Post a Comment