Friday 21 July 2017

The Three Musketeers - The King's Gardens - Part 2

A small update on the fountain and some new topiaries. The fountain has been dismantled, most of the unseemly glue has been removed and I've started filling holes etc... You can see in the pic that one of the statues broke, but it came like that (second hand model) and will be glued back on when it's time to start painting. I noticed the bottom wasn't quite level, so I raised it on one side and puttied it up, so it's more level now. I still need to sand the stand for the centerpiece for good measure and then it should sit straight as it should. I've removed the oversized clear tubing (it felt greasy anyway) and will make some replacement tubing from rolls of putty (a small test piece can be seen in the second pic. Loads to do still, but it looks heaps better already.



Another experimental purchase were the Lemax items seen below. The bird bath is still being worked on, but I did a test piece with one of the topiaries and it came out well, I think. 


Before and after comparison:

Basically I painted over the snow with green paint, covered it in watered down pva glue and dipped that in a bag of coarse flock and let it sit overnight. Then just a matter of carefully brushing and shaking off most of the excess and let some thin glue dripple over it.

And a picture for size. I think they can make pretty useful scenic items and they really cost peanuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment