Friday 14 July 2017

The Three Musketeers - The King's Gardens - Part 1

The next post showcases some interesting Lemax items I just got in. Yes, the company that makes the Christmas and Halloween decorations. They also have this working fountain model that looks just the right size and style/period to find a place in Louis' royal garden.

I feel like I was glued together by someone with two left hands, will you fix me up, please?
Now I will be dismantling the water effects and led lights as while a working fountain with real water seems like a cool idea, the unseemly powercables and the worrysome idea of getting water splatters and spills on the precious figures and terrain just don't seem worth it. In addition, the centerpiece is glued on at a crooked angle, which I've started addressing since the pictures were taken.

Shown here with some musketeers for size:

"I wish someone would turn on the water right now"

You guys are jerks!

 
If you're going to be like that, I'm going to stand here by the side.

Also works in England...
From the same manufacturer I also got this set of benches (and will likely get a few more) that look perfect for putting near the fountain, for the King or Queen to take a rest and admire the scenery.

To sit or not to sit...? What if the King sees...
Lemax really never ceases to provide useful additions. Where most of the buildings are of a suitable size to use with 28mm figures, the Lemax figures and accessories are in a 60mm scale that is close to that of the 1/30 toy soldier manufacturers. Well done, tacky seasonal decorations manufacturer, well done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment