Sunday 23 July 2017

The Three Musketeers - The King's Gardens - Part 3

No update on the fountain (though I did invest in some water effects products and ordered some clear fishing line, so that's progress of sorts).

What I did manage to finish is another repaint of a Lemax item for the garden, this time a bird bath. Promotional picture of the original item below, I should stress that they don't look like that in the stores. Casting flaws and shoddy painting (the birds were three dirty coloured blobs on mine) means they need a bit of TLC to get there.
False advertising at work...
After texturing the base to match the K&C figures and patching up any major casting flaws, I decided to ditch the unrealistic red, blue and yellow and try and give the birds a colourfull pattern that could be found in nature too.  After some googling, I ended up with this:

I may have overdone it a bit...
And for good measure (and indication of size, the King on a stroll in his garden (with a watchful musketeer in the back to keep an eye on him in case the pretty birds get angry)...
My, aren't you pretty lovelies?



No comments:

Post a Comment