Sunday 30 July 2017

The Three Musketeers - The Flowergirl

Next update is another Lemax conversion for the Musketeers project, and one I'm particularly stoked with as I think it worked really well.

The starting model is Lemax' violet girl, which for once was really well cast and sculpted with really good, fine details. As usual, the paint was splashed on in the general direction of the figure (official pic below is flattering). From the start, I thought this model had a lot of potential for converting to the 17th century (it's practically perfect) and I looked at some pictures of 17th century clothing before deciding on the colourscheme. In fact, she's so perfect that I no longer feel the tomato vendor is good enough to use in this setting, so I may relocate that one to some other project.
 
 
I wasn't originally going to keep the flowers purple, but since I painted those almost last, I more or less painted myself into a corner by already using all the other likely colours on her clothing. No complaints though, I think it worked out well. I also went for brighter colours on this one rather than the drab colours of the others and I think it worked out for the best, so I'll keep going in this direction.

Buy my pretty flowers. They come with a kiss.
I think the paintjob's match to the King & Country figures is as good as it's going to get with my skills. She doesn't stand out next to them as someone who doesn't belong. Size is perfect too, only minor niggle is the thickness of her base, but I did my best to at least round off the edges to make it less noticeable. 
"Some pretty flowers for your lady, Milord?"

"According to my book, those plants are the mark of a witch!" - "Look, I don't want any trouble..."


1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful conversion. It makes me want to try my hand on a few Lemax figures myself!

    ReplyDelete